Subject: [bug#33753] stumpwm-contrib

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 19:18:13 +0100

Hi Nam,

Well, I don't use StumpWM (I'm on EXWM) but I know the ASDF build system, so
maybe I can help a bit.

> : 1. Should the entire repository be bundled together instead of breaking
> : it into individual modules?

One package per .asd.

> : 2. Should asdf-build-system/source be used instead of sbcl?  I had initially
> : copied the entire repository with all the source code, and it still worked.

No, since StumpWM only supports sbcl, stick to the sbcl build system.

> : 3. Is there a way to by more DRY?

I haven't looked into the details, but you could probably use a a function /
macro to define those packages.
Lots of other packages do this, e.g. linux, gcc, clang, etc.

> : 4. Should the stumpwm-contrib directory be named sbcl-sources (can't
> : recall the default directory of asdf-build-system/source)?

Sorry, which directory exactly?

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/