Subject: Fix "Document incompatible change to format of bookmarks"

From: Karl Fogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 01:30:30 -0400

fixed
--

Thanks for the report.  I've documented the format change in NEWS;
here's the commit:

  $ cvs ci -F msg etc/NEWS etc/ChangeLog
  /sources/emacs/emacs/etc/NEWS,v  <--  etc/NEWS
  new revision: 1.2100; previous revision: 1.2099
  /sources/emacs/emacs/etc/ChangeLog,v  <--  etc/ChangeLog
  new revision: 1.812; previous revision: 1.811
  Mailing notification to [email-masked]... sent.
  $ 

(I don't know why the default write-out format was changed, as I didn't
commit rev 1.114 of bookmark.el.  We could investigate and find out, but
it would be of forensic interest only at this point -- the change is
made, and there's a long list of bookmark.el bugs to go.  So I'm not
going to investigate the reasoning behind 1.114 closely; if you happen
to find out, please let me know.)

-Karl