Subject: Re: bug#33748: 27.0.50; harfbuzz branch fails to compile

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 07:34:57 +0000

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> Cc: [email-masked],
    >> [email-masked], [email-masked],
    >> [email-masked] Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 15:44:18 -0500
    >> 
    >> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
    >> 
    >> > ftfont.c:2866:3: warning: implicit declaration of function >
    >> 'hb_buffer_set_cluster_level' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    >> [...]  > The version of Harfbuzz I have on this machine is
    >> 0.9.27.  If this too old?
    >> 
    >> http://www.manpagez.com/html/harfbuzz/harfbuzz-/harfbuzz-Buffers.php#hb-buffer-set-cluster-level
    >> 
    >> says "Since: 0.9.42".

    > Thanks, I reviewed the other symbols, and 0.9.42 seems the
    > earliest version that supports them.  Still, it would be good to
    > know which version is considered the oldest we should support,
    > perhaps due to some algorithmic issues that are not visible just
    > by looking at the symbol names.  I hope the Harfbuzz people could
    > advise us about that.

I have Harfbuzz 0.9.35 on Debian 8.11 and I get similar compilation
errors.

Best wishes,