Subject: bug#33740: [PATCH] Customizable flymake mode-line indicator

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 15:40:44 +0200

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks, Lars.  I'm away from my emacs dev machine so I can't read the
> diff very carefully, but if you want to risk it, go ahead and push,
> because I like the defcustom spec and I see you've kept the default. A
> short entry in NEWS and the Flymake manual is probably worth it (but
> you can skip the latter).

Well, it doesn't quite work yet, so it's a bit premature.  :-)

> There are arbitrary errors levels in this flymake (not just error warning 
> and note). But those are the main ones and anyway we can always
> add more format machinery later.

Hm, is there a list of all the error levels?  If not, I think the
approach I took in the patch is probably misguided (what with %e for
"error" and stuff).  

> I see a lot of changed lines, but most of them are probably whitespace.

Yes, it's mostly whitespace due to rearranging the way the strings are
computed.

> Is there some diff format which elides those?

I'm not sure?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no