Subject: Re: bug#33740: [PATCH] Customizable flymake mode-line indicator

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 13:52:32 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I've now altered format-spec to (optionally) return a list of strings,
>> which makes the previously proposed patch work, so I've now pushed it
>> (after rebasing it).  It seems to work fine in my test cases, but it
>> hasn't been tested extensively.
>
> (João, if you could have a look over the resulting code change (which is
> mostly just indentation changes, but also changes a lot of the quoting),
> that'd be nice.)

The first thing I notice is that the indicator is completely gone.
I.e. I can't see any flymake indications in the mode-line.  Is that
intended, or am I doing something wrong?  Did you test this?

I tried with

   src/emacs -Q -f flymake-mode

Before your change, one sees error thingies in the mode-line, after your
change one doesn't.  Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to revert and
stage these ideas in a side branch?

João