Subject: bug#33735: filenotify-test failures

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 14:00:59 +0100

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Since the Emacs jobs on hydra.nixos.org were upgraded to NixOS 18.09,
>> two filenotify tests are failing:
>>
>> 1. file-notify-test04-autorevert-remote
>>   (string-match "another text" "any text")
>>
>> 2. file-notify-test08-backup-remote
>>   "Received events do not match expected events"

Likely, this has been uncovered because the changes in NixOS let Tramp
find the "gio" command. I suspect "gvfs-monitor-dir" was used before
that change.

> file-notify-test04-autorevert-remote now passes, since the change from
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/33781#18. The other still fails.

I could reproduce it locally. Pushed a fix to master, which solves the
problem in file-notify-test08-backup-remote for me. Let's watch hydra.

Best regards, Michael.