Subject: Re: [bug#33725] [PATCH v2] gnu: llvm-rtti: Remove it.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 20:46:05 +0000

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 02:28:32PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>>> This reverts commit f8cba3ff4fc6aed0c539700aa47b6e8f4c25c34d.
>>>
>>> It sounds from the comment that this can hopefully be removed now.
>>>
>>> * gnu/packages/llvm.scm (llvm-without-rtti): Remove it.
>>> * gnu/packages/gl.scm (mesa)[inputs]: Switch to using llvm rather than
>>> llvm-without-rtti.
>>
>> Thanks! If the change doesn't trigger any rebuilds (that is, if the
>> package is really unused), please push!
>>
>> Ideally, the commit message will say which commit made this package
>> unnecessary.
>
> So, my understanding of this is that this change was made to prevent
> some rebuilds a while ago. It does trigger quite a few rebuilds (1120),
> so it'll need pushing to staging/core-updates.
>
> I'll test some of these packages locally, and then probably push it to
> core-updates, as there's some other stuff on staging I'd like to see
> merged to master soonish.

I've tweaked the commit message, and tested this on top of core-updates
now. With a tweak to fix the build for python2-(minimal), I've
successfully built mesa and a few of it's dependnecies. So I've now
pushed to core-updates.