Subject: [bug#33725] [PATCH v2] gnu: llvm-rtti: Remove it.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 16:22:34 +0000

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 02:28:32PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> This reverts commit f8cba3ff4fc6aed0c539700aa47b6e8f4c25c34d.
>>
>> It sounds from the comment that this can hopefully be removed now.
>>
>> * gnu/packages/llvm.scm (llvm-without-rtti): Remove it.
>> * gnu/packages/gl.scm (mesa)[inputs]: Switch to using llvm rather than
>> llvm-without-rtti.
>
> Thanks! If the change doesn't trigger any rebuilds (that is, if the
> package is really unused), please push!
>
> Ideally, the commit message will say which commit made this package
> unnecessary.

So, my understanding of this is that this change was made to prevent
some rebuilds a while ago. It does trigger quite a few rebuilds (1120),
so it'll need pushing to staging/core-updates.

I'll test some of these packages locally, and then probably push it to
core-updates, as there's some other stuff on staging I'd like to see
merged to master soonish.