Subject: [bug#33701] [PATCH staging 00/23] Glib/GTK+ updates

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 02:12:05 +0100

This late series adds around 1000 rebuilds to the current staging
branch.  They also bring many of the GNOME family libraries to the
latest upstream versions.

The good:
* Latest Ghostscript, Poppler, Harfbuzz, GnuTLS, and other
  security-critical libraries.  Some of these have changed
  build systems, or ABIs, so future patching is easier.
* Most/all regressions are already fixed.

The bad:
* GCC7 is now in the closure of cURL (via nghttp2).

The ugly:
* 37 files changed, 1225 insertions(+), 996 deletions(-)
* Total rebuild count for staging is around 4700 packages.

WDYT?

Marius Bakke (23):
  gnu: cups-filters: Update to 1.21.5.
  gnu: libjpeg-turbo: Update to 2.0.1.
  gnu: harfbuzz: Update to 2.2.0.
  gnu: poppler: Update to 0.72.0.
  gnu: D-Bus: Update to 1.12.12.
  gnu: glib: Remove obsolete variable.
  gnu: glib: Update to 2.56.3.
  gnu: pixman: Update to 0.36.0.
  gnu: cairo: Update to 1.16.0.
  gnu: libqmi: Update to 1.20.2.
  gnu: curl: Remove replacement for 7.62.0.
  gnu: ghostscript: Update to 9.26.
  gnu: icu4c: Update to 63.1.
  gnu: tzdata-for-tests: Update to 2018g.
  gnu: nghttp2: Update to 1.35.1.
  gnu: nettle: Update to 3.4.1.
  gnu: cyrus-sasl: Update to 2.1.27.
  gnu: jansson: Update to 2.12.
  gnu: GnuTLS: Update to 3.6.5.
  gnu: libuv: Update to 1.24.0.
  gnu: CMake: Update to 3.13.1.
  gnu: meson: Update to 0.49.0.
  gnu: glib-networking: Update to 2.59.1.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  12 +-
 gnu/packages/base.scm                         |  18 +-
 gnu/packages/build-tools.scm                  |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/cmake.scm                        |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/cups.scm                         |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/curl.scm                         |  18 +-
 gnu/packages/cyrus-sasl.scm                   |   9 +-
 gnu/packages/emacs.scm                        |  10 +-
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm                  |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/ghostscript.scm                  |   8 +-
 gnu/packages/glib.scm                         |  11 +-
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm                        |  73 +--
 gnu/packages/gtk.scm                          |  10 +-
 gnu/packages/icu4c.scm                        |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/image.scm                        |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/inkscape.scm                     |  19 +-
 gnu/packages/libevent.scm                     |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/libreoffice.scm                  |  39 +-
 gnu/packages/nettle.scm                       |   4 +-
 .../patches/cairo-CVE-2016-9082.patch         | 122 -----
 .../patches/cairo-setjmp-wrapper.patch        |  78 ---
 .../patches/cyrus-sasl-CVE-2013-4122.patch    | 130 -----
 .../patches/ghostscript-CVE-2018-16509.patch  | 193 -------
 .../patches/ghostscript-bug-699708.patch      | 160 ------
 .../glib-networking-ssl-cert-file.patch       |  29 -
 .../patches/gnutls-skip-pkgconfig-test.patch  |  24 -
 .../patches/inkscape-poppler-compat3.patch    | 499 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../patches/poppler-CVE-2018-19149.patch      |  80 ---
 .../texlive-bin-luatex-poppler-compat.patch   | 318 +++++++++++
 .../texlive-bin-pdftex-poppler-compat.patch   | 188 +++++++
 .../texlive-bin-xetex-poppler-compat.patch    |  31 ++
 gnu/packages/pdf.scm                          |  13 +-
 gnu/packages/scribus.scm                      |  51 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm                          |  10 +-
 gnu/packages/tls.scm                          |  17 +-
 gnu/packages/web.scm                          |  15 +-
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm                      |   4 +-
 37 files changed, 1225 insertions(+), 996 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/cairo-CVE-2016-9082.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/cairo-setjmp-wrapper.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/cyrus-sasl-CVE-2013-4122.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ghostscript-CVE-2018-16509.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ghostscript-bug-699708.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/glib-networking-ssl-cert-file.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gnutls-skip-pkgconfig-test.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/inkscape-poppler-compat3.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/poppler-CVE-2018-19149.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/texlive-bin-luatex-poppler-compat.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/texlive-bin-pdftex-poppler-compat.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/texlive-bin-xetex-poppler-compat.patch

-- 
2.20.0