Subject: bug#337: vc-diff forget previous point

From: Ulrich Neumerkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 01:05:39 +0200

--text follows this line--

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

With a file under version control, I do C-x v = (vc-diff) to walk
through and resolve differences.  Since there are many, I re-issue
vc-diff to see the remaining differences.  Unfortunately, vc-diff
forgets the previous point in buffer *vc-diff* resetting point to 0.
My expectation would be that the cursor remains where it has been (not
the literal point but the corresponding part to the same source line).

Maybe something similar to C-c C-c (diff-goto-source) but in the other
direction would be useful in general.

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2008-05-28 on gupu.complang.tuwien.ac.at

....