Subject: pre-inst-env: "no code for module (gcrypt hash)"

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 14:41:07 -0800

Hi,

I tried reconfiguring my system recently using pre-inst-env, using
commit 08861d259b453442c38fe93477bc62d2080b1442.  I got this error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ sudo ./pre-inst-env guix system --fallback reconfigure ~/config.scm 
Password: 
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  2726:13 19 (_)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
    390:8 18 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  2994:20 17 (_)
   2312:4 16 (save-module-excursion _)
  3014:26 15 (_)
In unknown file:
          14 (primitive-load-path "guix/store" #<procedure 22f46a0 a…>)
In guix/store.scm:
     20:0 13 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   2874:4 12 (define-module* _ #:filename _ #:pure _ #:version _ # _ …)
  2887:24 11 (_)
   222:29 10 (map1 (((guix utils)) ((guix config)) ((guix #)) ((…)) …))
   222:29  9 (map1 (((guix config)) ((guix memoization)) ((guix …)) …))
   222:29  8 (map1 (((guix memoization)) ((guix serialization)) (#) …))
   222:29  7 (map1 (((guix serialization)) ((guix monads)) ((# #)) …))
   222:29  6 (map1 (((guix monads)) ((guix records)) ((guix #)) (#) …))
   222:29  5 (map1 (((guix records)) ((guix base16)) ((guix #)) (#) …))
   222:29  4 (map1 (((guix base16)) ((guix base32)) ((gcrypt #)) # …))
   222:29  3 (map1 (((guix base32)) ((gcrypt hash)) ((guix #)) (#) …))
   222:17  2 (map1 (((gcrypt hash)) ((guix profiling)) ((rnrs #)) # …))
   2803:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ …)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu…" …) …)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (gcrypt hash)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I expected pre-inst-env to make all the necessary dependencies
available.  I was surprised that the guix command was unable to find
(gcrypt hash), even though I thought pre-inst-env would make it
available.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

-- 
Chris