Subject: bug#33683: sorcer fails to build

From: Thorsten Wilms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 13:35:01 +0100

On 09/12/2018 12.08, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> This is an upstream problem that i’ve reported upstream:
> 
>      https://github.com/openAVproductions/openAV-Sorcer/issues/22
> 
> We cannot build the sources with either of the Faust releases, so
> there’s little we can do on our end.
> 
> The sorcer Faust code looks *very* simple, though, so it may not be too
> difficult to write the DSP code in Faust 2 and submit it upstream.

OK, thanks. Good that you brought it upstream, but a bit unfortunate 
that there wasn't an issue in debbugs.

Is there a policy regarding known unbuildable packages? Perhaps there 
could be a mechanism that would spare users from attempting to have the 
un-buildable build, which may involve stopping a `guix package -u` or a 
`guix package -m manifest-file` in its tracks ...

--
Thorsten Wilms