Subject: Re: GuixSD on eoma68-a20?

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 18:12:14 +0100

Hi swedebugia,

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 17:39:01 +0100
swedebugia <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Could we pre-order some of these owned by the foundation to
> be used to to hack on this?
> 
> See https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

Guix received one but we have so far be unable to get the GuixSD flash
image because something always breaks on Hydra before it's done (for
example lack of disk space - see https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3198097/log/raw .
Note: The latter thing counts as "successful" build.  WTF?).

I have the device here in my hand (I tested it using u-boot only - works fine).

I'm now setting up my own build server and trying to get the flash image
that way - which is ridiculous.

Also, be aware that the Allwinner A20 is really really slow.  There are
ARM computers worth using as a normal PC, but this one isn't.  I tried.

(For example the Allwinner R40 is quite okay to use as a PC - see
Sinovoip Banana Pi M2 Ultra)

I like the concept of easily upgradeable computers, though!