Subject: Re: GuixSD on eoma68-a20?

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 15:59:58 -0500

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 17:39:01 +0100
> swedebugia <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Could we pre-order some of these owned by the foundation to
>> be used to to hack on this?
>> 
>> See https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
>
> Guix received one but we have so far be unable to get the GuixSD flash
> image because something always breaks on Hydra before it's done (for
> example lack of disk space - see https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3198097/log/raw .
> Note: The latter thing counts as "successful" build.  WTF?).

This sounds like two distinct bugs:

* Regarding the lack of disk space: if I'm not mistaken, as things are
  currently implemented, we must specify the size of the disk image
  manually.  I guess we need to increase the size.

* This error that occurs within QEMU is apparently not being propagated
  to the outer build script.  That should be fixed.

> I'm now setting up my own build server and trying to get the flash image
> that way - which is ridiculous.

You seem to be assuming that the problem building the disk image is a
Hydra-specific problem.  Do you have reason to believe so?  I would
guess that these bugs are in the disk image builder.

What do you think?

    Regards,
      Mark