Subject: bug#33673: "guix system --help" does not detail how to use --on-error=strategy

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 00:16:47 +0100

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> The current output is:
>
> --on-error=STRATEGY    apply STRATEGY when an error occurs while reading
> FILE

FWIW I think it’s reasonable for ‘--help’ to be generally more concise
than the manual.  We could list the possible strategies here, but that
might clutter the output more than is desirable.

> Additionally we now have so many commands in the help pages of guix
> system and guix build that it would be nice to present them in a more
> readable/categorized way.
>
> Would a patches for improvement in these areas be accepted?

Improvements are always welcome of course.  The main criterion would be
to remain consistent with the rest of Guix and with GNU conventions that
we follow.  Maybe it’s best to discuss what you have in mind first?

Thank you,
Ludo’.