Subject: bug#33670: 26.1; very large c++-mode yank performance regression 25.3_1-x86_64 -> 26.1-x86_64

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 16:35:17 +0000

Hello, Lars.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 16:20:07 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 09:57:10 -0800, Chris Hecker wrote:
> >> I think I can send it [the file demonstrating the bug] to you
> >> privately, I’ll mail you off the bug list later today.

> > That would be great.  If you want it kept private, that won't be a
> > problem.  Thanks!

> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
> at the time.)

> This was three years ago -- was there any progress on this issue?  (And
> do you still see this problem in recent Emacs versions, Chris?)

Unfortunately, there was no further progress at the time.  There was a
great deal of C++ raw-string processing and template marking happening,
although Chris told me there was no raw string in the text.

I suspect the bug, whatever it was, will have been fixed since late
2018.  The raw string processing has been significantly enhanced since
then.

So, Chris, are the problems still apparent?

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).