Subject: Re: bug#33654: 27.0.50; No record of init file errors printed in *Messages*

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 15:49:16 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Here I neither use desktop nor multiple frames.  So please test the
>> patch with the originally posted desktop saved multiple frames setup.
>>
>
> [...]
>
>> +          ;; Display *Warnings* on selected frame if they happen to be
>> +          ;; shown elsewhere.
>> +          (let ((buffer (get-buffer "*Warnings*")))
>> +            (when (buffer-live-p buffer)
>> +              (display-buffer buffer '(nil (reusable-frames . nil)))))
>
> Did you try this patch?

More information was requested, but no response was given within a few
months, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the problem still exists,
please respond to this email and we'll reopen the bug report.

(The patch in question no longer applies cleanly, but it could be respun
easily enough.  But without a test case, it's hard to tell whether it
improves the situation or not, so it sounds unlikely that there'll be
more progress here.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no