Subject: bug#33653: 27.0.50; Change Gnus obarrays-as-hash-tables into real hash tables

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 20:04:35 +0100

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

> FWIW, gnus on master has been working flawlessly for me since you
> pushed the hash table changes. People running master should expect
> occasional breakage, so I wouldnʼt give up too soon.

For something as critical as Gnus and for which many various configs
exist, I would recommend that a patch can be confirmed by *at least*
three persons on top of the contributor himself.

This is perhaps the case for this patch, I don't know.

If things are okay on your side, perhaps you don't feel the pain, but
I can tell you it's here :)

Also, the fact that Gnus has been crazily stable on the master branch
from... well, from as far as I can remember, makes the situation even
worse: you really don't expect anything to break in this area.

Not a big deal, I'll wait, and thanks again Eric for both the patches
and your patience in finding possible issues!

-- 
 Bastien