Subject: bug#33653: 27.0.50; Change Gnus obarrays-as-hash-tables into real hash tables

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:54:54 -0700

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>>>>> On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 17:09:07 -0700, Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> said:
>>
>>     Eric> Weeeeelll... I'd really like to push this. I promise to be
>>     Eric> on hand with quick fixes, and a revert if necessary.
>>
>> This is for emacs-27, right? 
>
> Most definitely.
>
>> Iʼd say go for it :-)
>
> Okay, if it explodes I'll say you said I could do it! :)

And... it exploded!

Well, not really, but on my second machine there were a pile of stale
*.elc files that aren't rebuilt with the new macro definitions, and even
"make distclean" doesn't get rid of them (?), I had to go into the
lisp/gnus directory, manually delete the elc files, and run "make"
again. (Or maybe this is what "make bootstrap" does?)

This must happen from time to time -- is there anything to be done
besides warning people on the mailing lists?

The bummer is that you don't get an error until you run Gnus, so it just
looks like I broke Gnus :(

Eric