Subject: bug#33653: 27.0.50; Change Gnus obarrays-as-hash-tables into real hash tables

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 13:31:03 +0900

On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 10:58:30 +0900, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Probably the solution would be to make hashtb list all
> the groups existing in `gnus-newsrc-alist' at the startup.

I found `gnus-newsrc-hashtb' has all the group names that
`gnus-newsrc-alist' holds.  So, I'm not quite sure since I have
not tested it thoroughly yet though, the problem I brought up
--- j doesn't work for groups having not activated --- can be
fixed with:

--- gnus-group.el~	2019-04-01 21:28:54.404887500 +0000
+++ gnus-group.el	2019-04-08 04:19:19.117882300 +0000
@@ -2562,3 +2562,3 @@
     (let ((start (point))
-	  (active (and (gethash group gnus-active-hashtb)
+	  (active (and (gethash group gnus-newsrc-hashtb)
 		       group)))

;; The variable name `active' seems to be better to change to
;; `name' or something since it is a group name string, not
;; active data here.

This looks to fix Lars' bug#35070 as well.  I'll check and check
it with investigating other issues...