Subject: Re: bug#33653: 27.0.50; Change Gnus obarrays-as-hash-tables into real hash tables

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 10:47:24 +0900

On Fri, 05 Apr 2019 12:02:32 +0100, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
> Would this fix bug#35070?  I.e. are you describing the same bug?

Well, what I can reproduce doesn't seem to be exactly the same
with Lars' though, I guess the root cause would probably be:

(gethash "inactive-or-non-existent-group" gnus-active-hashtb)

returns nil.  Maybe "undisplayed group" that Lars says means a
group that is inactive but in existence.  Performing Lars'
recipe in my Gnus produces things as follows:

(gnus-group-jump-to-group "inactive-group")
  ↓
  (gnus-group-goto-group "inactive-group")
    ↓
    (let ((active (gethash "inactive-group" gnus-active-hashtb)))
      ↓
      (gnus-text-property-search 'gnus-group active nil 'goto)

Where `active' is nil but `gnus-text-property-search' finds it
at (point-min) and goes to there.  Though the "inactive-group"
does not appear there.  But if forcing `active' to be an
inactive group name in the above flow, it appears at, as Lars
says, "either at the start of the buffer (before all topics) or
at the start of one of the topics it doesn't belong in" as

       *: nnfoo:bar

and the point is positioned there.

Regards,