Subject: Re: bug#33653: 27.0.50; Change Gnus obarrays-as-hash-tables into real hash tables

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 15:36:58 -0700

Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

> One more regression.
>
> Performing `B <DEL>' or `B m' in the "nnml:inbox" group, i.e.,
> that of an ASCII name, does not update the NOV database; in the
> summary buffer the face for deleted or moved article lines get
> changed so as to be absent at that time, however they revive
> when re-entering to the group's summary.
> `nnml-generate-nov-databases-directory' helps (marks survives).
>
> I'd like to have time to fix it and others from the next week,
> hopefully.

Thanks for your continued reports! Was this with the most recent WIP
commit I posted a day or so ago, or with origin/master? I'm working on
this right now, and hope to have an interim fix today.

If you do think you'll have a bit of time to put into this, what would
be _really_ awesome is if you'd help me check over the next step, which
will be keeping group names decoded everywhere inside Gnus. That ought
to simplify this whole process, and avoid similar types of bugs in the
future. That was the original point of this whole patch series; I think
my mistake was breaking the series up at the wrong point.

Anyway, I will solve as much as I can in the next week. It would be
really great to have experienced eyes check my work, though.

Thanks,
Eric