Subject: Re: bug#33653: 27.0.50; Change Gnus obarrays-as-hash-tables into real hash tables

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 16:27:46 -0700

On 03/30/19 14:09 PM, Deus Max wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> It seems you are implementing some pretty drastic upgrades to Gnus.
>
> Is there a write-up on the planned changes, benefits, what is going to be
> affected and what to expect ?
>
> I'm interested and would like to read it.

There is a writeup! Sort of -- I called it a roadmap. Originally I stuck
it in a branch called scratch/gnus-roadmap but soon realized it didn't
make any sense to keep track of something like this in a git branch.
I've attached the current version.

Obviously, this is _not_ meant as a list of "changes I will unilaterally
implement in Gnus", but as a document for record-keeping and discussion.
I didn't get much discussion, but I know that's to be expected!

Eric