Subject: Re: bug#33639: ISO installer image is broken on i686

From: "Thomas Schmitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:52:43 +0100

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> If you’re testing in a VM you might just as well download the GuixSD VM
> image from <https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/download/>.

There i only see only "x86_64" for QEMU, not "i686" like with ISO or Binary.

> Did you actually run “guix archive --authorize < …/ci.guix.info.pub”?

I did step 7 of Binary-Installation.html:

   guix archive --authorize < \
     ~root/.config/guix/current/share/guix/hydra.gnu.org.pub

The text "ci.guix.info.pub" does not appear in
  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html

Looking at the existing state:

  # ls -l ~root/.config/guix/current/share/guix/
  total 12
  -r--r--r-- 1 root root  118 Jan  1  1970 berlin.guixsd.org.pub
  -r--r--r-- 1 root root  118 Jan  1  1970 ci.guix.info.pub
  -r--r--r-- 1 root root 1083 Jan  1  1970 hydra.gnu.org.pub

Shall i authorize the others too ?
If so: Is there need for clean-up actions after the aborted build runs ?

(If you find a bit of time, please run grub-mkrescue with some arbitrary
 input tree of about the size of the Guix ISO and check whether it gets
 truncated. If so, the messages from xorriso would be very interesting.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas