Subject: Re: bug#33639: ISO installer image is broken on i686

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:54:52 +0200

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 03:46:09PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> Yes, it seems fixed, I can confirm.

Well this is strange.  I got fine ISO images each time (fine with no
complaints from xorriso or fdisk and bootable in QEMU without errors),
but after dd’ing them to different USB flash drives each time I get
kernel output when inserting the flash drive:

[   10.025223] GPT:Primary header thinks Alt. header is not at the end of the disk.
[   10.026735] GPT:3220583 != 7831551
[   10.028235] GPT:Alternate GPT header not at the end of the disk.
[   10.029764] GPT:3220583 != 7831551
[   10.031290] GPT: Use GNU Parted to correct GPT errors.

Having such a USB flash drive inside my computer makes UEFI get stuck
on some computers but not on others.

Why is this?  Are all my USB drives bad?  I presume this is a
different bug, or is it?

Regards,
Florian