Subject: Re: bug#33619: 26.1.90; Tramp "simplified" syntax completion problem

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 11:38:42 +0100

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Dez 04 2018, David Hull <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Filename completion does not work with tramp's "simplified" syntax.
>>
>>   (load-library "tramp")
>>   (tramp-change syntax 'simplified)
>>
>> Now if I run find-file and type "//cos6:src/ss" and then TAB I get the
>> error:
>>
>>   completion--some: Wrong type argument: stringp, ""
>
> This is fixed by commit b8b42c2315.

Indeed, you've backported this fix to the emacs-26 branch. The bug
report tells us

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
In GNU Emacs 26.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS
appkit-1671.10 Version 10.14.1 (Build 18B75))
 of 2018-12-03 built on mbp-109-op-04
Repository revision: 8d7e58ce9f389d77323e0237c22c4e13cb68b8e7
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Hmm, a git commit 8d7e58ce9f389d77323e0237c22c4e13cb68b8e7 does not
exist in emacs-26 or master branches.

> Andreas.

Best regards, Michael.