Subject: bug#33619: closed (Re: bug#33619: 26.1.90; Tramp "simplified" syntax completion problem)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 09:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33619: 26.1.90; Tramp "simplified" syntax completion problem

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33619: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33619
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33619: 26.1.90; Tramp "simplified" syntax completion problem
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: David Hull <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:22:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Dez 04 2018, David Hull <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Filename completion does not work with tramp's "simplified" syntax.
>
>   (load-library "tramp")
>   (tramp-change syntax 'simplified)
>
> Now if I run find-file and type "//cos6:src/ss" and then TAB I get the
> error:
>
>   completion--some: Wrong type argument: stringp, ""

This is fixed by commit b8b42c2315.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 26.1.90; Tramp "simplified" syntax completion problem
From: David Hull <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 17:14:16 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Filename completion does not work with tramp's "simplified" syntax.

  (load-library "tramp")
  (tramp-change syntax 'simplified)

Now if I run find-file and type "//cos6:src/ss" and then TAB I get the
error:

  completion--some: Wrong type argument: stringp, ""

(My remote host is named "cos6" and it has a "src/ssrtb-server" directory.)

If I set the the tramp-syntax back to 'default then completion works.
Completion worked with the "simplified" syntax in emacs 26.1.

In GNU Emacs 26.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.10
Version 10.14.1 (Build 18B75))
 of 2018-12-03 built on mbp-109-op-04
Repository revision: 8d7e58ce9f389d77323e0237c22c4e13cb68b8e7
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit [3 times]
Making completion list...
Loading tramp...done
completion--some: Wrong type argument: stringp, ""
Quit [3 times]
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
JPEG DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA:
/Users/david.hull/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
/Users/david.hull/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp:/Users/david.hull/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/leim
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils tramp-cache tramp-sh cus-edit easymenu
cus-start cus-load wid-edit tramp-cmds tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time format-spec
advice auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib password-cache
elec-pair time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 237760 12374)
 (symbols 48 23427 1)
 (miscs 40 71 206)
 (strings 32 39299 1776)
 (string-bytes 1 1132795)
 (vectors 16 39286)
 (vector-slots 8 771090 18152)
 (floats 8 73 64)
 (intervals 56 230 0)
 (buffers 992 13))