Subject: bug#33610: closed (Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add a C++14 variant of Boost for packages that need it.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 00:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33605: "Boost 1.68.0 seems to require C++14 for libboost_system"

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33605: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33605
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add a C++14 variant of Boost for packages that need it.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 19:47:30 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed as b9103c827c605dee32baf62816a0429543b3e451

Subject: innoextract build broken
From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 17:01:03 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[100%] Linking CXX executable innoextract
/gnu/store/xkvdsc0pldld4ycgcf4zqr62v6gcdblb-cmake-3.12.2/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/gnu/store/n2p1zs14y89lwkg9da68y12pc10c6sw9-gcc-5.5.0/bin/c++   -Wall -Wextra -Wformat=2 -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Woverloaded-virtual -Wlogical-op -Woverflow -Wconversion -Wsign-c
onversion -Wmissing-declarations -Wredundant-decls -Wdouble-promotion -Wno-maybe-uninitialized      -std=c++17 -pedantic -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O2 -g -DNDEBUG   -Wl,
--as-needed CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/cli/extract.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/cli/gog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/cli/goggalaxy.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/cli
/main.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/crypto/adler32.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/crypto/arc4.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/crypto/checksum.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.di
r/src/crypto/crc32.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/crypto/hasher.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/crypto/md5.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/crypto/sha1.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoext
ract.dir/src/loader/exereader.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/loader/offsets.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/component.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/data.cpp.o CM
akeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/delete.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/directory.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/expression.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup
/file.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/filename.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/header.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/icon.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/sr
c/setup/info.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/ini.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/item.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/language.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.di
r/src/setup/message.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/permission.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/registry.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/run.cpp.o CMakeFiles/i
nnoextract.dir/src/setup/task.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/type.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/version.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/setup/windows.cpp.o CMake
Files/innoextract.dir/src/stream/block.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/stream/chunk.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/stream/file.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/stream/lzma.cpp.
o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/stream/slice.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/util/console.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/util/encoding.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/util/lo
ad.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/util/log.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/util/process.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/util/time.cpp.o CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/release.cpp.
o  -o innoextract -Wl,-rpath,::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /gnu/store/9425b5dwpfc04bb4p58hsjypxghliyr3-xz-5.2.4/lib/liblzma.so /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpk
f3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/lib/libboost_iostreams.so /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/lib/libboost_filesystem.so /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68
.0/lib/libboost_date_time.so /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/lib/libboost_system.so /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/lib/libboost_program_opti
ons.so /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/lib/libboost_regex.so /gnu/store/4bn4r4xsh8fmwvianvvl6mflx526jpfi-libiconv-1.15/lib/libiconv.so 
ld: CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/cli/extract.cpp.o: in function `boost::system::error_category::std_category::equivalent(std::error_code const&, int) const':
/gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:907: undefined reference to `boost::system::detail::generic_category_instance'
ld: /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:923: undefined reference to `boost::system::detail::generic_category_instance'
ld: /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:638: undefined reference to `boost::system::detail::generic_category_instance'
ld: /gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:858: undefined reference to `boost::system::detail::generic_category_instance'
ld: CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/cli/extract.cpp.o: in function `boost::system::error_category::std_category::equivalent(int, std::error_condition const&) const':
/gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:877: undefined reference to `boost::system::detail::generic_category_instance'
ld: CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/src/cli/extract.cpp.o:/gnu/store/k8djbb701a48k310kpkf3vpic4d1jyz5-boost-1.68.0/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:528: more undefined references to `boost::system::detail::generic_category_instance' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/build.make:776: innoextract] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-innoextract-1.7.drv-0/build'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:113: CMakeFiles/innoextract.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-innoextract-1.7.drv-0/build'
make: *** [Makefile:133: all] Error 2
Backtrace:
           4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/dvgbfjaw4db31mqkyyh2ppibckmâ¦")