Subject: Re: bug#33603: Invalid hash for NSS-Certs

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 23:59:06 -0500

Hi Ludovic!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

[...]

>> The only environment variable(s?) defined for the guix-daemon process on
>> that machine is:
>>
>> $ pidof guix-daemon
>> 270
>>
>> sudo cat /proc/270/environ
>> GUIX_LOCPATH=/gnu/store/94k5w17z54w25lgp90czdqfv9m4hwzhq-glibc-utf8-locales-2.28/lib/localeLC_ALL=en_US.utf8
>
> This is perfect (see commit 7e4bc215098f334bc2a11737f2665dd4992fc2da,
> which gave you this, fixing the issue we’re talking about on GuixSD.)
>
> So I don’t think this machine has any problem.  Perhaps nss-certs was
> installed before the fix above?

Yes, that is likely the cause! I think I was using a system generation
from November to cope with some network instabilities I had at the
time. These have been resolved since :-).

>> I'm not familiar with this systemfs structure, but shouldn't there be a
>> newline before the LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 variable assignment?
>
> No, there are actually newlines, try:
>
>   cat /proc/270/environ | xargs -0 echo

Indeed. Thanks for continuously helping me to refine my knowledge ^^.

Shall we close this ticket, or did you want to keep it until we make
guix substitute fail when the locale of the daemon is not set to a UTF-8
based one?

Thank you!

Maxim