Subject: bug#33602: closed (Re: bug#33602: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 13:25:01 +0000

Your bug report

#33602: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33602: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33602
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33602: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 13:19:22 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 14:43:05 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 11:30:01 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> >     Compiling internal form(s) at TIME

> SGTM, thanks.

OK, I've committed the patch, and I'm closing the bug.

@Markus: the buffer *Compile-Log* should now no longer get created at
Emacs startup.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at
From: Markus FFM <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 20:20:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(is that a late April Fools' Day prank?)
after each restart, a *Compile-log* buffer reports
Compiling no file at <any date>

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 20, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.1)
 of 2018-12-03 built on INDRA
Repository revision: e5634aae531ce932ecb8d84243d690c7ca89bec3
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: Fedora 29 (Twenty Nine)

Recent messages:
>>>load time: Monday, December  3, 2018 20:15:49<<<
>>>activated: themes<<<
Desktop: 1 buffer restored.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/framegeometry...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-M-h C-a.
Making completion list...
smooth-scroll/.vscroll-aux: Beginning of buffer
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --sysconfdir=/etc
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --libexecdir=/opt/emacs/lib/ --localstatedir=/usr/local/var
 --enable-largefile --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-sound=no --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets --without-pop --without-selinux --without-gnutls
 --disable-acl --with-file-notification=yes --with-json --without-xml2
 --without-libgmp 'CFLAGS=-march=native -Os''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM
MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD JSON

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: 1
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader jka-compr info
mailalias sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils cursor-sensor
user-profile powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes server
default-profile default-ui paren man mm-util mail-prsvr recentf sort
dired-sort-menu dired dired-loaddefs desktop frameset avoid hl-line
default-faces default-keymap delsel cua-base default-run default-restart
default-modes default-platform default-unix default-flymake
default-flymake-go default-flymake-csharp default-flymake-ruby
default-flymake-js default-flymake-py default-flymake-java
default-flymake-shell flymake-proc flymake warnings default-run-assoc
run-assoc default-tempo default-tempo-rexx default-tempo-sh
default-tempo-pas default-tempo-js default-tempo-java default-tempo-perl
default-tempo-elisp default-tempo-c-cpp default-menu default-help
default-options default-tools default-search default-format default-view
aquamacs-cmm-menu default-edit default-file default-generic savehist
autorevert filenotify autoinsert default-functions elec-pair
default-autoload ox-man ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-comint org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ob-exp ob-core
org-compat ob-eval org-macs markdown-mode rx color thingatpt noutline
outline easy-mmode jison-mode bison-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flex-mode
derived aquamacs-tabbar cus-start cus-load aquamacs-tools tabbar
restore-last-frame-size org-bullets syslog-mode hide-lines web-mode
disp-table vimrc-mode neotree advice smooth-scroll aok cl
fill-column-indicator tempbuf auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro
kmacro popup undo-tree diff multi-shell windata tree-mode tree-widget
wid-edit imenu imenu-tree tempo saveplace google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui ido
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars mailcap json map seq byte-opt gv compile comint
ansi-color ring bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
eol-conversion easymenu default-path mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 290793 221183)
 (symbols 48 39498 7)
 (strings 32 97418 30674)
 (string-bytes 1 2962805)
 (vectors 16 38963)
 (vector-slots 8 759926 253378)
 (floats 8 375 1426)
 (intervals 56 627 476)
 (buffers 992 16))