Subject: bug#33602: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 11:30:01 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 22:36:50 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 20:07:05 +0000
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

[ .... ]

> > So previously, *Compile-Log* didn't get created.  Now it does.  I think
> > I should revert that part of the change.  What do you say?

> No objections here.

Thanks.  I'll make that change.

> > Changing the wording is a separate issue, but I think it should also be
> > done.  I would suggest instead of "Compiling no file at <time>" we say
> > "Compiling, not from a file, at <time>".

> That still sounds strange to me.  How about

>   Compiling (no file name) at TIME

That doesn't sound quite right, either.  It's not the name of the file
that we're missing, it's the file itself.  How about something like:

    Compiling internal form(s) at TIME

?  It's more positive, saying what we're doing rather than not doing.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).