Subject: Re: bug#33602: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 18:59:25 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 20:43:35 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 18:11:12 +0000
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
> > 	[email-masked]

> > > and one of the next days Angelo reported

> > >  > Compiling no file at Thu Dec  6 09:46:33 2018

> > >  From Angelo's init file I traced that message back to the presence of

> > > (require 'package)

> > > and removing that removed the message.

> > When I insert that into my .emacs, regardless of whether near the
> > beginning or near the end, I don't get the *Compile-Log* buffer.

> Are you using the master branch?  Those problems are specific to the
> master branch, AFAIU.

I am, yes.  But I hadn't updated the particular version I was using for
quite some time.  I have updated it now.

Now I see the *Compile-Log* buffer with its irritating message regardless
of whether I have (require 'package) in my .emacs or not.  ;-(

At least I've got something to work on, now.  (That's assuming that
nobody else understands the bug, yet.)

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).