Subject: bug#33602: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at

From: Markus FFM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 20:20:36 +0100

(is that a late April Fools' Day prank?)
after each restart, a *Compile-log* buffer reports
Compiling no file at <any date>

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 20, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.1)
 of 2018-12-03 built on INDRA
Repository revision: e5634aae531ce932ecb8d84243d690c7ca89bec3
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: Fedora 29 (Twenty Nine)

Recent messages:
>>>load time: Monday, December  3, 2018 20:15:49<<<
>>>activated: themes<<<
Desktop: 1 buffer restored.
Loading /root/.emacs.d/framegeometry...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-M-h C-a.
Making completion list...
smooth-scroll/.vscroll-aux: Beginning of buffer
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --sysconfdir=/etc
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --libexecdir=/opt/emacs/lib/ --localstatedir=/usr/local/var
 --enable-largefile --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-sound=no --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets --without-pop --without-selinux --without-gnutls
 --disable-acl --with-file-notification=yes --with-json --without-xml2
 --without-libgmp 'CFLAGS=-march=native -Os''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM
MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD JSON

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: 1
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader jka-compr info
mailalias sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils cursor-sensor
user-profile powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes server
default-profile default-ui paren man mm-util mail-prsvr recentf sort
dired-sort-menu dired dired-loaddefs desktop frameset avoid hl-line
default-faces default-keymap delsel cua-base default-run default-restart
default-modes default-platform default-unix default-flymake
default-flymake-go default-flymake-csharp default-flymake-ruby
default-flymake-js default-flymake-py default-flymake-java
default-flymake-shell flymake-proc flymake warnings default-run-assoc
run-assoc default-tempo default-tempo-rexx default-tempo-sh
default-tempo-pas default-tempo-js default-tempo-java default-tempo-perl
default-tempo-elisp default-tempo-c-cpp default-menu default-help
default-options default-tools default-search default-format default-view
aquamacs-cmm-menu default-edit default-file default-generic savehist
autorevert filenotify autoinsert default-functions elec-pair
default-autoload ox-man ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-comint org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ob-exp ob-core
org-compat ob-eval org-macs markdown-mode rx color thingatpt noutline
outline easy-mmode jison-mode bison-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flex-mode
derived aquamacs-tabbar cus-start cus-load aquamacs-tools tabbar
restore-last-frame-size org-bullets syslog-mode hide-lines web-mode
disp-table vimrc-mode neotree advice smooth-scroll aok cl
fill-column-indicator tempbuf auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro
kmacro popup undo-tree diff multi-shell windata tree-mode tree-widget
wid-edit imenu imenu-tree tempo saveplace google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui ido
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars mailcap json map seq byte-opt gv compile comint
ansi-color ring bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
eol-conversion easymenu default-path mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 290793 221183)
 (symbols 48 39498 7)
 (strings 32 97418 30674)
 (string-bytes 1 2962805)
 (vectors 16 38963)
 (vector-slots 8 759926 253378)
 (floats 8 375 1426)
 (intervals 56 627 476)
 (buffers 992 16))