Subject: bug#33602: 27.0.50; Compiling no file at

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 06:52:33 +0000

Dear Markus
>>>>> Markus FFM <[email-masked]> writes:

    > (is that a late April Fools' Day prank?)  after each restart, a
    > *Compile-log* buffer reports Compiling no file at <any date>

Yes, I get that too. It seems to arise because of some bye-compile
instructions in the emacs-init file. It doesn't arise using emacs -q, as
Glenn has pointed out.

---------- snip

    > seq byte-opt gv compile comint ansi-color ring bytecomp
    > byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib eol-conversion easymenu

Try turning off the effects of the above two lines.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people to sit
quietly in their rooms.  Blaise Pascal, 1670
---------------------------------------------------------------------