Subject: Re: Using a CDN or some other mirror?

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 09:35:38 +0100

Am 09.12.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>> I could try and ask a few organizations in my area, but I would need
>> figures for this.
> What would you need to know?  ‘guix weather’ can provide info about
> storage size.

I don't know yet, which info the admins need for a decision. FMPOV I'd
says: Disk-space and traffic to be expected.

`guix weather` only provides the disk-space, but even this is not
obvious for me:

  13912.1 MiB of nars (compressed)
  41176.6 MiB on disk (uncompressed)

From reading the manual, I assume 13.9 GB are required on the server
(which is quite a lot IMHO). Is this correct?

-- 
+++hartmut

| Hartmut Goebel            |                       |
| [email-masked] | www.goebel-consult.de |