Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Defaulting to ci.guix.info (aka. berlin.guixsd.org)

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 16:43:35 +0100

Hello Guix!

These patches (actually the last one) switch Guix to default to
<https://ci.guix.info> for substitutes, in preparation for the
upcoming 0.16.0 release (hopefully this week!).

Rationale:

  • berlin.guixsd.org generally performs better than hydra.gnu.org;

  • berlin supports x86, ARMv7, and AArch64 (hydra lacks AArch64);

  • berlin has much more storage space than hydra;

  • berlin runs Cuirass on GuixSD, so software-wise, it corresponds
    to what we want to push; Cuirass still has limitations in some
    ways compared to Hydra, but we’re getting there, and
    hydra.gnu.org is still up and running so we can still use it,
    e.g., to track build progress until Cuirass is as convenient.

For the domain name I initially wanted “ci.guix.gnu.org” but we failed
to set that up.  Oh well, I think that’s OK.

This change modifies the manual.  Translations will thus be stale;
Julien, do you think it’d be reasonable to push a new pre-release
to the Translation Project?  Or should be just live with the
slight inaccuracy?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  etc: Add "ci.guix.info.pub" public key file.
  Remove most references to hydra.gnu.org.
  build: Default to https://ci.guix.info for substitutes.

 Makefile.am                                   |  5 +-
 build-aux/check-available-binaries.scm        |  4 +-
 .../check-final-inputs-self-contained.scm     |  2 +-
 config-daemon.ac                              | 10 +--
 doc/contributing.texi                         |  2 +-
 doc/guix.texi                                 | 67 +++++++++----------
 etc/substitutes/ci.guix.info.pub              |  1 +
 gnu/services/base.scm                         |  4 +-
 gnu/system/install.scm                        |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/build.scm                        |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/size.scm                         |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/substitute.scm                   |  2 +-
 guix/self.scm                                 |  3 +
 guix/store.scm                                |  2 +-
 14 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)
 create mode 120000 etc/substitutes/ci.guix.info.pub

-- 
2.19.2