Subject: bug#33600: closed (Re: [bug#33600] [PATCH 2/3] Remove most references to hydra.gnu.org.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 10:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33600: [PATCH 0/3] Defaulting to ci.guix.info (aka. berlin.guixsd.org)

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33600: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33600
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#33600] [PATCH 2/3] Remove most references to hydra.gnu.org.
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 11:21:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * Makefile.am (assert-binaries-available): Don't mention hydra.gnu.org
>> in comment.
>> * build-aux/check-available-binaries.scm: Likewise.
>> * build-aux/check-final-inputs-self-contained.scm: Likewise.
>> * doc/guix.texi (SUBSTITUTE-SERVER): New variable.
>> Use it throughout instead of "mirror.hydra.gnu.org".
>> * doc/contributing.texi (Submitting Patches): Likewise.
>> * gnu/services/base.scm (hydra-key-authorization)
>> (guix-activation): Remove mentions of "hydra.gnu.org" in comments and
>> messages.
>> * gnu/system/install.scm (%installation-services): Likewise.
>> * guix/scripts/size.scm (guix-size): Likewise.
>
> This looks good to me.

Great, pushed!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Defaulting to ci.guix.info (aka. berlin.guixsd.org)
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 16:43:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

These patches (actually the last one) switch Guix to default to
<https://ci.guix.info> for substitutes, in preparation for the
upcoming 0.16.0 release (hopefully this week!).

Rationale:

  • berlin.guixsd.org generally performs better than hydra.gnu.org;

  • berlin supports x86, ARMv7, and AArch64 (hydra lacks AArch64);

  • berlin has much more storage space than hydra;

  • berlin runs Cuirass on GuixSD, so software-wise, it corresponds
    to what we want to push; Cuirass still has limitations in some
    ways compared to Hydra, but we’re getting there, and
    hydra.gnu.org is still up and running so we can still use it,
    e.g., to track build progress until Cuirass is as convenient.

For the domain name I initially wanted “ci.guix.gnu.org” but we failed
to set that up.  Oh well, I think that’s OK.

This change modifies the manual.  Translations will thus be stale;
Julien, do you think it’d be reasonable to push a new pre-release
to the Translation Project?  Or should be just live with the
slight inaccuracy?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  etc: Add "ci.guix.info.pub" public key file.
  Remove most references to hydra.gnu.org.
  build: Default to https://ci.guix.info for substitutes.

 Makefile.am                                   |  5 +-
 build-aux/check-available-binaries.scm        |  4 +-
 .../check-final-inputs-self-contained.scm     |  2 +-
 config-daemon.ac                              | 10 +--
 doc/contributing.texi                         |  2 +-
 doc/guix.texi                                 | 67 +++++++++----------
 etc/substitutes/ci.guix.info.pub              |  1 +
 gnu/services/base.scm                         |  4 +-
 gnu/system/install.scm                        |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/build.scm                        |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/size.scm                         |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/substitute.scm                   |  2 +-
 guix/self.scm                                 |  3 +
 guix/store.scm                                |  2 +-
 14 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)
 create mode 120000 etc/substitutes/ci.guix.info.pub

-- 
2.19.2