Subject: [bug#33598] Optimizations for emacs-clang-format and emacs-clang-rename

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 10:23:41 +0100

Hi Tim!

Thanks for working on this.

I'm just a little confused about the intention, so I have a few questions.
The current package re-uses Clang source and packages clang-format.el /
clang-rename.el only.

In your implementation, you've essentially moved the 'configure phase to a
snippet.  As I understand it, this does not change anything.  What is your
reason for doing this?

You are also deleting all non-required files.  Which saves some space in /tmp
indeed, but this won't change anything to the store or the resulting
substitutes, right?  I don't mind this change, I just want to be clear about
what we are trying to achieve here :)

Last, the factorization into package-from-clang-elisp-file: this is a good idea,
and I would make it even more generic.  Simply rename your function

	package-elisp-from-package

(or something like that) and make "clang" a parameter.  Then we can use this
function in other packages like emacs-agda2-mode.

Am I making sense?  What do you think?

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/