Subject: bug#33568: 27.0.50; Failing secrets tests on Cygwin

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:59:15 +0100

Ken Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Ken,

sorry for the delay. Finally, I found a machine running cygwin for my tests.

>> Thanks for the report. I don't know whether there is a better way; let's
>> explore your system.
>> 
>> What do you get if you call (secrets-list-collections) ? (Maybe you must
>> load the library `secrets' first)
>
> (load "secrets")
> t
>
> (secrets-list-collections)
> ("session")

Hmm, same here, when using the GNOME desktop. I always thought that the
"login" keyring exist per default, but it doesn't. Maybe this is due to
different invocations od gnome-keyring-daemon. On my Ubuntu 18.10
system, it is

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ps -eaf | grep gnome-keyring
albinus   6340     1  0 Dec04 ?        00:02:03 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

OTOH, on cygwin I see

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ps -eaf | grep gnome-keyring
albinmic    5676       1 ?        16:09:48 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I can create the "login" keyring interactively, via seahorse. But this
doesn't count.

So I have removed the respective checks in secrets-tests.el, they are
not important. Could you pls check, whether this works for you?

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.