Subject: bug#33567: Syntactic fontification of diff hunks

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:55:15 +0200

On 18.12.2018 1:11, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>> Also with more highlighting in diff hunks now diff indicators need more
>>> distinctive colors that I also tested.
>>
>> Thanks, this LGTM.
> 
> Pushed to master and closed.

Juri, thank you. Looks like an helpful feature.

Have you considered bringing over the "default" face foregrounds as 
well, though, not just the special highlighting?

My brain sees syntax highlighting in some places and keeps wanting to 
interpret the green and red text and something syntactically meaningful 
as well.

Maybe we could add extra ancestors for diff-added and diff-removed 
faces, with default foregrounds, and use them for the base highlighting 
of diff chunks, aside from +'s and -'s.

Another thing that messes up the display a bit, is that comments and 
docstrings also have customized backgrounds in my theme, but that's less 
essential and seems harder to fix.