Subject: Re: bug#33560: closed (Re: bug#33560: 27.0.50; 6.4 GB of RAM)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 16:17:18 +0200

> From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:43:54 +0100
> 
>    > It's a bug in ImageMagick, an external library Emacs/Gnus uses to
>    > display djvu files. I suggest to take the problem up with
>    > ImageMagick developers, perhaps they know how to solve it or work
>    > around it.
> 
> The point is that gnus does not display any attachment, just presents a
> button (so that I can download the attachment if I wish). That is why I
> doubt that ImageMagick is responsible.

I think Gnus does invoke ImageMagick, even if it doesn't display the
image, as part of creating the button.  You can see if that is true
by attaching the debugger to Emacs while it is growing its memory
footprint: if I'm right, you will see some ImageMagick function(s) on
the callstack.

> It would be good, if one of the gnus developer would comment on this
> issue.

Agreed.