Subject: [PATCH] mention let* in if-let

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:18:54 -0600

Hi -

I think this patch makes it much clearer that if-let functions like
let*, not let.

Thanks,
Alex

>From 0504ba0c88bc63b527e54fc92e1923e60ff5759a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:57:43 -0600
Subject: [PATCH] ; * lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el (if-let): Improve docstring by
 mentioning let*

---
 lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el
index 7fab9083e8..8278f50d1d 100644
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el
@@ -158,9 +158,9 @@ are non-nil, then the result is non-nil."

 (defmacro if-let (spec then &rest else)
   "Bind variables according to SPEC and eval THEN or ELSE.
-Each binding is evaluated in turn, and evaluation stops if a
-binding value is nil.  If all are non-nil, the value of THEN is
-returned, or the last form in ELSE is returned.
+Each binding is evaluated in turn, as in `let*', and evaluation
+stops if a binding value is nil.  If all are non-nil, the value
+of THEN is returned, or the last form in ELSE is returned.

 Each element of SPEC is a list (SYMBOL VALUEFORM) which binds
 SYMBOL to the value of VALUEFORM.  An element can additionally be
--
2.19.1

>From 0504ba0c88bc63b527e54fc92e1923e60ff5759a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:57:43 -0600
Subject: [PATCH] ; * lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el (if-let): Improve docstring by
 mentioning let*

---
 lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el
index 7fab9083e8..8278f50d1d 100644
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/subr-x.el
@@ -158,9 +158,9 @@ are non-nil, then the result is non-nil."
 
 (defmacro if-let (spec then &rest else)
   "Bind variables according to SPEC and eval THEN or ELSE.
-Each binding is evaluated in turn, and evaluation stops if a
-binding value is nil.  If all are non-nil, the value of THEN is
-returned, or the last form in ELSE is returned.
+Each binding is evaluated in turn, as in `let*', and evaluation
+stops if a binding value is nil.  If all are non-nil, the value
+of THEN is returned, or the last form in ELSE is returned.
 
 Each element of SPEC is a list (SYMBOL VALUEFORM) which binds
 SYMBOL to the value of VALUEFORM.  An element can additionally be
-- 
2.19.1