Subject: Re: [bug#33540] [PATCH 2/3] gnu: Add lttoolbox.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 23:26:21 +0100

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/dictionaries.scm (lttoolbox): New variable.

[...]

> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (string-append
> +             "https://github.com/apertium/lttoolbox/releases/download/v"
> +             version "/lttoolbox-" version ".tar.gz"))

Instead of relying on generated tarballs like this one whose content may
change over time, we’re now switching to using ‘git-fetch’.  Could you
change this one accordingly?

> +         (add-after 'unpack 'patch-autogen
> +           (lambda _
> +             (substitute* "autogen.sh"
> +               ((" && ./configure \"\\$@\"") ""))

Another option to deal with broken autogen.sh scripts is to remove
them.  :-)

> +    (synopsis "Lexical processing toolbox")
> +    (description "Lttoolbox is a toolbox for lexical processing, morphological
> +analysis and generation of words.  Analysis is the process of splitting a
> +word (e.g. cats) into its lemma \"cat\" and the grammatical information
> +<n><pl>.  Generation is the opposite process.")

Maybe @code{<n><pl>}.

OK with these changes, thanks!

Ludo’.