Subject: bug#33531: closed (Re: bug#33531: 26; Inappropriate single-quoting in (elisp) Frame Layout)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 07:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#33531: 26; Inappropriate single-quoting in (elisp) Frame Layout

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
33531: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33531
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#33531: 26; Inappropriate single-quoting in (elisp) Frame Layout
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 09:22:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 13:08:14 -0800 (PST)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> The names used as headings ('Native Frame' etc.) should not be
> single-quoted, IMO.  They are not Lisp objects of any kind.  They are
> just doc terms.

Thanks, fixed.

Subject: 26; Inappropriate single-quoting in (elisp) Frame Layout
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 13:08:14 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The names used as headings ('Native Frame' etc.) should not be
single-quoted, IMO.  They are not Lisp objects of any kind.  They are
just doc terms.

Doc terminology is introduced with double-quotes (as is done already in
the same topic - e.g., "native frame").

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-05-30
Repository revision: 07f8f9bc5a51f5aa94eb099f3e15fbe0c20ea1ea
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.16299
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''