Subject: Re: bug#33509: core-updates: arc-theme fails with "Invalid GNOME version: 3.24"

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 00:24:15 +0100

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 23:36:49 +0100
Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Björn,
> 
> > So we might get wrong look&feel here, because it is not adapted to
> > GNOME 3.24. But there is no further development upstream anyway. If
> > it doesn't look totally malformed, we can use it like that. My disk
> > is a bit full, I can't do a vm-image with it currently.  
> 
> This is only going to get worse as we already have a later version of
> GNOME in a branch, which is just waiting for the core-updates merge.
> 
> If the package sees no further development we may want to drop it.
> What do you think?

I have no opinion about that package. I don't know it, I just saw that
compile-error on core-updates and tried to fix it.

With your question, I double checked that this is really dead and found
in the bug tracker a link to a new, active fork:

https://github.com/NicoHood/arc-theme

They claim they are Arch/Debian/Ubuntu maintainers. I can try to prepare
a patch for that.

In the meantime, I try to test it. Do you know how to do that? Is
installing the package enough, and then running gnome-tweak-tool? Or
does it have to go into system-packages?

Björn