Subject: bug#33498: 26.1; Unable to delete minibuffer-only+child frames

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:40:28 +0100

> When a frame is both the child-frame and the minibuffer-frame of some
 > other frame, this other frame can not be delete anymore.

Right.

 >                           (keep-ration . t))))

'keep-ratio', not 'keep-ration' - but it's not useful here anyway IMO.
You probably want to make sure that the child frame auto-resizes,
though.  I wrote the corresponding code already but it still needs
some work: It doesn't yet look at the height of the parent frame and
probably should allow for aligning at the bottom of the latter as
well.

 >    ;; A workaround is to untie the child frame from its parent before
 >    ;; deleting it.
 >    (set-frame-parameter child-frame 'parent-frame nil)
 >    (delete-frame parent-frame)

Correct.  But that's just the inverse from what you did when you
created the parent-child configuration.  So it's not a workaround but
the canonical way.  BTW, I wrote the reparent code to accomplish doing
precisely what you did here, reparenting doesn't make much sense
elsewhere.  And I plan to document that.  But without the possibility
to auto-resize child frames, the whole concept is not very attractive
yet.

Thanks, martin