Subject: bug#33498: 26.1; Unable to delete minibuffer-only+child frames

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 10:46:41 +0200

tags 33498 fixed
close 33498 27.1
quit

 >> By using a '(minibuffer . child-frame) frame parameter, creating the
 >> minibuffer child frame should proceed without glitches now.
 >
 > Yes, that seems to work now.

OK.  Trying to close this bug now.

 >> I intend to soon add code for fitting minibuffer child frames to the
 >> contents of their buffers.
 >
 > And I am looking forward to it.

Customizing 'resize-mini-frames' allows to do that now.  I attach a
minor mode which I'm using for some while now that allows to put a
minibuffer child frame on the top or bottom of the currently selected
window and hide it whenever it's not used.  If you are on Emacs 27
try it.

martin