Subject: Re: bug#33498: 26.1; Unable to delete minibuffer-only+child frames

From: Andreas Politz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 19:28:22 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>>                           (keep-ration . t))))

I must have been hungry.

> 'keep-ratio', not 'keep-ration' - but it's not useful here anyway IMO.
> You probably want to make sure that the child frame auto-resizes,
> though.  
> I wrote the corresponding code already but it still needs some work: [...]

Are you talking about a different feature here ? Because, this is what I
understand `keep-ratio' is supposed to be doing.

> Correct.  But that's just the inverse from what you did when you
> created the parent-child configuration.  So it's not a workaround but
> the canonical way.  BTW, I wrote the reparent code to accomplish doing
> precisely what you did here, reparenting doesn't make much sense
> elsewhere.

So, you are saying it's supposed to be like that ?  Them, I don't see a
reason, why Emacs should disallow deleting the minibuffer-frame as a
child-frame in this case.

Andreas