Subject: Re: bug#33458: 27.0.50; dired loses position when reverted from outside place

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:35:07 +0300

On Thu, Dec 13 2018, martin rudalics wrote:

> Are you sure you've seen this happening _after_ my last fix two days
> ago?

My fault, I worked with original patch.

> Because if 'dired-goto-file' _now_ chokes on (nth 1 prev) this
> should be due to any other value but nil.

Sure.

>  > +                             (ignore-errors
>  > +                               (dired-goto-file (nth 1 prev))))

So not needed anymore.

> If you still see an error now we can do that.  It should never harm.
> But for the moment I'm mostly curious whether you can still see the
> "wrong-type-argument stringp nil" message.

It seems OK now, with your last fix.

Sorry for false alarm!

-- 
WBR, Yuri