Subject: Re: bug#33455: Zathura can't display PDF or epub

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 19:12:49 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 11:41:10AM +0000, Bradley Haggerty wrote:
>> error: Could not load plugin
>> '/home/brad/.guix-profile/lib/zathura/libpdf-mupdf.so'
>> (/home/brad/.guix-profile/lib/zathura/libpdf-mupdf.so: undefined
>> symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart).
>
> I installed zathura and zathura-pdf-mupdf — is zathura supposed to be
> modular? In any case, I got the same errors.

I was able to reproduce this as well.

It looks like zathura-pdf-mupdf needs to be built with
-Dlink_external=true.  I got this to work, but got stuck with a problem
in libmupdf.so, which seems to have symbols that are provided by
libmupdfthird.so.

It seems as if something’s not right with how these libraries are
linked.

--
Ricardo